Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

how to replace a belt on an older model maytag neptune dry

how to replace a belt on an older model maytag neptune dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
first you have to take the door of the front off and then across from the door the screws out of the other side ,then remove front panel by pulling it out from the sides at the top then you will need to remove the inner drum support by removing the 5/16" screws there atre 4 at least but some have more the you can slip the new belt in around the drum and put the drum support back on, can you get me the model number so i can tell you how the belt goes around the motor and pully? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I can't find a model number but the style number is XXXXX

Thanks,

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
try looking inside the drye door there should be a tag there with the model #. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Model Number Locator Tips
1. A zero in the model number might be the letter O.
2. A lower case L might be a 1.
3. Some models have 3 digits and a period first, like this 555.66666666
Look for an aluminum tag--or a silver and white adhesive label in the locations illustrated below. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and may be printed in different type sizes. NOTE: There may be partial model numbers on marketing stickers or in the owner's manual. These are often incomplete. For best results use the model number from the tag. Gas Electric Whirlpool Style 1 Gas Electric Whirlpool Style 2 Gas Electric GE Style GE Electric Maytag Style Appliance Model Illustration
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry dude.....model number is XXXXX wore off.....serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN think, z might be a 2
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well anyway did you get the front off? I'll send all the diagrams for maytag belts and you will probably be able to tell by looking at them . is ther a little cover on the back bottom to take off to see the pully assembly. ? click here for diagrams, hope this helps, thanks Bryan, link http://www.repairclinic.com/0079.asp#DiagramE