Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Should I consider buying a discounted Maytag MFW9800TQ thats

Should I consider buying a discounted Maytag MFW9800TQ that's discounted to approx $500 because the front cover of the door is cracked in half, essentially into 2 pieces that are still in place. The outer cover is made of some plastic type material. The inner glass door cover is intact. I don't know if this is problem is cosmetic only or will affect the future functioning and durability of the machine. Thanks.
is this the part of the door thats cracked? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= if this is just cracked and the door still closes and locks correctly and they warranty it then its a good deal. this is a trim piece mostly, if you can glue it and it holds it should be fine. this is an expensive part to replace though, its around $180.00 , hope this helps. thanks Bryan