Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My upright freezer was in storage for (9) months worked fine

My upright freezer was in storage for (9) months worked fine before and now runs but not freezing.Frost Free Upright Freezer ffu14fcw1,Frigidaire commercial 14cf.about 5 years old. diane
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can hear the fans running but do you hear the compressor running in the back? listen for a click or buzzing noise in the back bottm of freezer. let me know . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i can hear a buzzing nois as well as the fan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is they buzzing about every 3 to 5 minutes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it seems to run continously, can i call you or can you call me, my pc is up stairs and freezer is down stairs and this is getting tiresom.i'm old.
856 (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm really not allowed to call customers i could loose my job here for that, I dont believe your compressor is actually starting up I think your hearing the relay buzzing which if it sat for nine months may be corroded inside and not starting the compressor . if the compressor is running then you need freon and this is something you cant do you need to call for service or replace the unit. can you feel the compressor and see if its warm? if it is its running and you need a recharge on the freon. let me know thanks Bryan