Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a gallery washer, it does not do the final spin cycle.

I have a gallery washer, it does not do the final spin cycle. The timer runs, and pump works, but the finalspin looks like the end of cycle rotate. Is this a timer issue or a motor issue.
can you get us the model# ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
ok this is a front loader .is the door lock light on? is it draining completely? most of the time on these its a drain problem. these wont spin up to speed if theres water still in the tub first thing to check is the drain hose , make sure thers no kinks, second would be the pump is clogged(I owmed one of these and my wife wouldnt clean the pockets and coins got in the pump more than once) so it didnt drain completely. let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had a drain problem last year, so that is why I checked the pump, but it had burned out last time from coins. There is water in the hose from the tub, is this normal? I did not see any water in the tub itself.
well you really cant see if its completely empty because water can be under the inner tub you cant see, did you check the pump again this time. ? how much water came out if you pulled the hoses off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Less then a cup came out, but it had coins in it. I am putting it back together now.
ok let me know if it runs after you get it back together, you may have a blockage in the boot comming from the tub, is the lock ligh on? you didnt mention whether is was or not, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The lock light was on, I am having problems getting the main boot clamp back on.
that is a pain in the butt I know, i'll be here . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, I have it back together and it still does not spin,only tumbles.
ok well if the door is locking that means the door switches are good, so what I would do at this point is remove the boot from the tub itself and make sure it doesn't have anything clogging it. this is a pain though. first take your drain hose out of the drain and put it in a bucket and fill machine then put it in drain and see how fast the water comes out. if its just barely comming out real slow then check the boot on the tub for obstruction. let me know Bryan, p.s. if its drains fast you probably need a motor control board. lets hope not, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, It drains fast like it should,
ok your motor control board is most likely the culprit in this . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= are you sitting down? $155.00 for this, I remember replacing mine once also. its the spin speed control board. you can get this here> well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, you are not going to beleive this,it started spinning.

thats good news, when you put the hose in the bucket it must have gotten it clear of any water left in the tub and now it spins, thats great if this happens again you may need tyo remove the boot from the yub and see if something is blocking it sometimes. there could be a coin in there that flips up once and a while nad stops it from draining sometimes,thanks for hanging in there and well wishes. If you think I've helped please press accept now so i will get paid for helping you, thanks again Bryan