Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My side by side refrigerator is leaking from the connection

Customer Question

My side by side refrigerator is leaking from the connection where the water line comes in at the bottom of the freezer. I can get water and ice and I also checked and cleared the drain line inside the freezer.

The leak is from somewhere around the blue connector that takes the water lines from the supply to the ice maker and the water filter. The copper tubing from the water supply to the connector is not leaking.

Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me the model # XXXXX make? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a GE Profile Performance. Model TFX/TFS26PP
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok does the valve look like this? Appliance Part Mouse Overlet me know. thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, that's correct.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you need to feel if the water is comming out of the valve or the plastic lines themself. sometime you will get a very tiny pinhole in the plastic line and its hard to find put your hand near the lines and see if theres a fine mist spray comming from one of the lines , if not the valve has a small hairline crack and needs to be replaced.. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan,

It does seem to be the value as I don't see anything coming from one of the lines. It looks like it is hard to get around on the value. Do you recommend I get an appliance repair shop to do the work?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there are acully two different valves in this model ,you dont want to get it wrong so maybe calling for service is a better option on this. the secondary valve is around $73.00Part 773823 and the first valve I showed you is araound $45.00. you dont want to get it wrong. I'm giving you prices so you dont get ripped off by service man. make sure he shows you where the leak is comming from before letting him continue and just start replacing things.hopethis helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. Appreciate it very much.

Best regards,

Kyle
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem , well wishes and thanks, Bryan