Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

we have a kenmore 80 series gas dryer. Model number 110.72822101.

we have a kenmore 80 series gas dryer. Model number 110.72822101. It will light when it's cold but as it get warm and needs to relight it will not and then we smell gas in the dryer. We have cleaned out the vent with a brush made for this alomg with the lint trap/screen area.
give me a few minutes to check your model , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you
ok you say this lights the first time and then doesnt relight correct? you most likely need to replace the gas valve coils in this. they are only around $20.00 and these are them. Part 3479replace these and you should be all set. they are located as shown on this picture, Gas Dryer Gutshope this helps.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok Do I get at them from the front of the unit? How do I get the front off? I have the back off but from the photo it looks like we are going through the front side.
you need to remove the front panel to get at these. remove the 2 screws under the lint screen on the top of the unit and then use a srew driver to pop the top up from the front and let it lean against the wall the down the side inside you will see 2 ,5/16 screws remove them and tilt front panel forward and lift off the bottom clips then you shoud see the gas coils on top of the burner assembly.