I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Hotpoint Aquarius WF321 - I use laundry balls (no soap) and,

Customer Question

Hotpoint Aquarius WF321 - I use laundry balls (no soap) and, in order to save water, I should like to skip the rinse cycle, but still use the spin cycle. How can I do this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiYaCustomer

I am sorry to say that I believe this can not be done with your machine.
I do not recommend attempting this.
your clothes will not rinse thoroughly and you will find you are just mixing the soil around in the water and not cleaning your clothes.

These machines are designed by mechanical and electronic engineers to wash the best using the least amount of water. " If it's not broken don't fix it.'
You are just looking for problems you do not need or want.

How much water do you feel you will be saving?
This small amount will not change you water bill or the state of the environment.
But may give you a rash and a doctor bill to get rid of it.

Where did you hear of such and idea?
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I.can - thanks for that. I just feel that I am wasting a certain amount of water unnecessarily as the laundry balls do not use detergent - so there's no need to 'rinse' them. By the way - no detergent = no rashes!!
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Yes I hear that.
How good do they wash and for how long.
I would like to try these.

But soil not rinsing well without the rinse cycle can bring back the rashes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Different laundry balls last for a different number of washes. The ones I use, Ecozone (from Lakeland) claim to last 150 washes including the supplied top-up pellets. As far as efficiency is concerned, I have no grumbles, although if you wear a lot of white stuff, you may find a gradual 'greying' as you should not boil wash. The pellets are hypoallergenic, residue-free and anti-bacterial with no toxic chemicals, no detergents, no petrochemicals and no animal testing........ and no, I don't work for either Ecozone, or Lakeland!! Go on, give 'em a go and save money, as well as the planet (but obviously, unfortunately, not water!!).
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Speed Queen makes a frond loader washer that only uses 13 .9 gallons of water
(US Gallons)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for that I.can - but I'm in the UK!
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Speed Queen is international.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oooops - shows my ignorance! Never heard of them, but I'll keep a look out - many thanks.Smile
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome