Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My Bosch sensotronic (model SHU5312UC) is stuck on the Rinse

Customer Question

My Bosch sensotronic (model SHU5312UC) is stuck on the 'Rinse and Hold' cycle and I can't switch to another cycle. Would appreciate any thoughts as I'd like to avoid contacting a repairman. Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
HI
You could try this
just close door, press power then press scrub wash and Delicate/Economy at the same time for about 3 seconds. This should reset the dishwasher

If this helps, please click the accept button
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, the dishwasher continues to run on the 'Rinse and Hold' cycle even after holding the Scrub Wash and Delicate/Econ button for 3 seconds. Does this suggest a bigger problem?

Thank you,

Sarah

Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
HI Sarah
Have you tried turning the machine off at the power and letting it stand for acouple of hours. This will sometimes re set it too

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have tried this. I actually have not used the diswasher in over a week so it has had plenty of time to stand. Should I just let it run the rest of this 'Rinse and Hold' cycle and then let it stand for a few hours and try again? Should I be noticing anything when I press the two buttons simultaneously?

Thanks, Rob.

Sarah

Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Hi Sarah
You could try that and see.
Ill opt out and well see if anyone else has an idea

Good luck

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your help, Rob. I will see if this works and/or what others have to say.

Sarah

Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Your welcome
Rob