william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

my hotpoint wd860 washer/dryer is displaying an error code

Customer Question

my hotpoint wd860 washer/dryer is displaying an error code f-04, i have looked this up on the net and it said it was the pump stuck on empty, and was likely the pipe was split/or blocked going from the pressure switch to the pump, if this was not the case then it was the pressure switch that would probably need replacing. i checked these and also cleaned out the pump and sump filter/strainer e.t.c with no joy, so i purchased a new pressure switch and fitted this to the machine but this has made no difference, i am still getting the same error code f-04, help!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Error code F-04 and F-05
Check the the connection of the drainage hose to your sink wastage,
as it may be blocked and the drainage of water impeded
Hope it helps, this info is applicable to W840/W860 Hotpoint Machines

and if this dont make no difference i would change the pump

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i forgot to mention the error code f-04 also comes up when you set the machine on a dryer cycle, and it will do a full wash load and then display the code f-04. i have checked the drainage hose and there is no blockages and is draining well, i have had it in the sink and run water through it, and again made sure there is nothing in the pump. the pump seems to be working, but when the error code comes up the pump dosn't stop untill you cut the power.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

i would change the pump

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi, ive fitted a brand new pump and double checked all the hoses e.t.c, so now it has had a new pressure switch and pump, and still i have the same f-04 error code, now i have no idea.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
this dont make no sence the only item you have left would be the main control board but i dont know how far you want to go with this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you know if there is anyway to reset the control board/programmer?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
just by chance have you checked the fuse on your plug?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
replaced the fuse with a brand new one (13 amp), and this has made no difference.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok that was just a shot in the dark you might wanna try a new control board its not accepting your commands i dont know how far you wanna go with this you can try to initialize the control board take all the connections off of it remember where they go and let it set for 5 minutes then hook back and try that