william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Frigidaire FDB1050RES0 Goes through first fill and pre-wash

Customer Question

Frigidaire FDB1050RES0

Goes through first fill and pre-wash cycles OK. but when it pumps the water out it seems to dry pump and I hear an awful hum and vibration coming from the sump pump. If I wait out the noise it will eventually stop and go on to the next cycle but will repeat again after each time it pumps out the water. I checked the glass and debris filter and they are clean. Removed the debris filter and see nothing in the sump hole. I have not checked the check ball in the sump yet though. Should I check this?

What else do I check and any idea what is wrong with this 4 year old dw? If the drain pump is bad do I have to remove the dw and flip it over to change out the part? Anyone know where I can download the service manual for this particular model?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

check that ball first and if everything is ok then it sounds like the drain pump is going out on you yeah you can flip this up as long as you unplug it and everything