william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

my Samsung SPH-A660 lately has not been able to hold a charge

Customer Question

my Samsung SPH-A660 lately has not been able to hold a charge very long ( less than 24 hrs ). Now everything lites up as it's supposed to, but, I cannot send or receive. did once get out of area message ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

try putting a bran-new battery in it

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just replaced the battery a few weeks ago. That did not help. Called service provider " STI Mobile " For $ 70.00 they will fix it. I hate to buy a new battery again.Had me reset the phone under " settings "
Need time to determine if reset helps.

Thanks for responding.

P.S. a friend told me to remove the small rubber plug on my carburator jet,adjust and try again. Mower now runs fine. Please forward this info to your compatriot who tried to help me fix my lawn mower ( Toro )

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

im sorry but you need to go to the small engine section i cant do that from here

does your phone have a warrenty on it has it been 1 yr yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
phone is five years old. warrantee was for 1 year
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
did that re-set work
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm hoping what STI Mobile told me to do ( reset phone ) helps. Today it appears to work OK. Time will tell.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

ok greeat good luck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so far you have not given me a solution. My warrantee has run out and My new battery is only a few weeks old. these are not correct solutions. I'm trying STI Mobiles reset method which at this time is corecting the problem. Maybe in a few days it will return.
Thanks for trying.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
thats fine have a nice day you had to start somewhere and if that dont work seems like it would have allready you will either have to send it in to get fixed or buy another one if you buy one i suggest that you put a insurance on it so you wouldnt have this problem in the future