Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.

Just moved into an apartment with a Bosch dishwasher. The

Just moved into an apartment with a Bosch dishwasher. The detergent chamber won't close. I took off the sliding chamber door. The only thing inside was a spring. I made sure it was attached at both ends but it's still not closing. What could the problem be? Is there an another part that should be inside the chamber or part of the sliding door that's missing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
do you have the model number please and the country you are in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have the model number. I looked for it, but the sticker's worn and can't be read. It's silver with black buttons. It has a power button on the left and the word "Sensotronic." On the right it has a digital "Cycle Countdown", a choice of cycles, and a button that says "Delay Start Hours."

I live in the United States.
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
OK, without the model its a bit of a problem, especially if you need parts. There maybe another plate on the back.
Go here
Click the 2nd picture, do you see the blue lever?
This isnt your dishwasher part but does shoe the locking lever. This could be on the side or at the bottom.
This is what holds the flap closed.
Is yours present?

If this helps, please click the accept button