applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Maytag Model # XXXXX

Maytag Model # XXXXX Series 10201091GX

My refrigerator is not keeping food cold but my freezer is working fine...what is the problem?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 5 years ago.
Hi, what can I help you with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My refrigerator is not keeping food cold but my freezer is working fine....all food is still frozen. What could be the problem?

Can you hear the fan running in the freezer? Do you see frost build up in the freezer back wall ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cannot hear the fan running but there is no frost built up in the freezer back wall.
Open freezer and refrigerator door for a few min, I want to see if we can get the fan motor to come on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Door has been open for two or three minutes...how long does it need to be open...no fan is operating right now.
Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no..I don't.

Without a meter I would only be guessing and it there would be a couple things I would think it could be. Do you want to get a volt meter and get back with me?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have no way of getting one and I'm have only one hand. I noticed that it startedt last night that the doors to the refrigerator position were very warm. This was around the portion of metal on the left door that acts like a air barrier.
Open refer doors and push in door switches, do the lights go out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the lights all remain on as ususual. What I didn't hear was anything coming on afterwards to replenish the air. The settings are at 7 (being the highestt) and and the energy saver switch is off. I was up all night you were talking to my wife but she's gone to work. I put som crushed ice in around 3:00 a.m. in a zip loc bag and it is starting to soften
The lights should go out when you push in the door switches.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just opened them back up and put my arm on the small plastic "toogles and each door lite went out. S that is working correctly
The only thing I can recommend at this time is to replace the evap fan motor, we have had some problems with them. The part # XXXXX XXXXX and is located in the freezer behind the back wall.
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience: Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Two things 1. are they noisy?

2. are they expensive to fix?

They should not be noisy. The part is around $35.00.