I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have a small size microwave oven made by Magicchef. All of

Customer Question

I have a small size microwave oven made by Magicchef. All of sudden it doesn't work. The power is on and I can set timing function but the start function doesn't work. I need your answer. Thanks.      Patricia
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

And the Model number on the stick inside the oven is???

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The model No: is MCD990sc. Thanks. Patricia. and the serial no is DJ0550154

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

This sounds like a bad start button, Or the door latch switch that tells the unit the door is closed and ready to run is faulty.
Microwaves are not safe for do it your selfers.
They use high voltage and i do not recommend self repairs here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The purpose of my paying you is to provide me with information regarding how to fix it.

I am disappointed with your answer. First of all I had access to "Magic Chef site"

to find out where to go for repair job but I happened to be guided to JustAnswer.com site

which I assumed to tell me how to fix the problem by step by step. Disappointed! Patricia

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Do not be disappointed!
I will repost your question and some other expert will tell you the details to fix it your self.

But think about my fatherly advice.
Microwaves are killers of hundreds of people every year in this country.
And to replace the door latch and or door switch we need to remove the door.
When we remove the door of a microwave to replace it afterwords we have a special microwave door test kit to be sure it is not leaking afterwords.
If it leaks it can stop someones heart and kill them.

Still want to fix it your self?
I tell this to every customer with this problem. Some laugh at me, some tell me to mind my own business and most thank me for caring about a total stranger!!

Most people just want to give a quick answer and it's not their problem.
they do not have to look you in the eye.
I care about everyone as if you were my child!

Do as you wish.
bless you!