Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer in the UK

I have aCustomerfreezer kgu4401 I have problems with

Customer Question

I have aCustomerfreezer kgu4401 I have problems with auto defrost The freezer compartment ices up over a week or soWhen I switch on and go to the test programe I get a "E3" error Does this mean I have a faulty freezer compartment evaporation sensor When I switch off and defrost then it works fine until the freezer ices up and I can hardly get the door open Have check that pipe to evaporator is clear of debris
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.

E3 indicates a problem with the freezer air temperature sensor.

E3. flashes in freezer/fridge section display. compressor runs continuously. Inability to influence defrosting.

The evaporator sensor should give an E4 fault.

Hope this is of some help.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This really does not help There is no E4 error

The data sheet I have from Bosch says an E3 fault is the freezer compartment evaporator sensor - action of appliance is "defrost phase and channel heater are actuated for 25 min Following the defrost phase, the fan is actuated without delay" I guess this is a message which might appear after I have manually defrosted the freezer/fridge and switched on the appliance agin - naturally it shows a freezer compartment temp of +16C Is there a way of reprogramming the fridge ie is this a hardware error or is my problem a faulty sensor Basically is the appliance doing it's auto defrost and if is is then why is there ice on the channel heater and blocking the drain hole when I inspect on manual (ie tutnoff defrst) ?

Regards Biosch fridge

Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.

Sorry, you've received different information to what I'm finding on the Bosch discs so we must have different variations of the same model.

Unfortunately it appears I don't have your variation on my discs.

I'll opt out of the question in the hope someone else will have the information for your appliance.

Good luck with it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes I'm in South Africa

Sorry you can't help

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The expert decided that he could not help

Please could you ask another

I did ask you to do this yesterday