John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GW 712au washing machine, I removed control panel to replace

Customer Question

GW 712au washing machine, I removed control panel to replace inlet solenoid . I replaced panel but machine just kept beeping and would not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

What were your earlier symptoms?
Why did you replace the water inlet valve.
Please be specific
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The cold water solenoid was only letting in a minute amount of water on cold wash and machine would not operate. In this machine the solenoids have to be changed as a unit, which I did not have. I replaced the control panel but the machine would only beep when started. I unplugged the power for a few minutes but it still only beeped. I removed the panel again and checked that all the wiring was prooperly connected.

Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

You said, "In this machine the solenoids have to be changed as a unit, which I did not have"

You did not change the solenoids?
Wht not?
This may be the problem