Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair
11862455

I need to replace a Modern Maid Dishwasher/oven/stove top stack

Customer Question

I need to replace a Modern Maid Dishwasher/oven/stove top stack unit and am located in Washington, D.C. Where is the nearest supplier? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX news, evidently Maytag bought up Modern Maid and later discontinued making appliances under that name. I have a quote for you to read:

"History of the Company

The Modern Maid brand was born in the 1950s, the offspring of the successful Tennessee Stove and Manufacturing company. Tennessee Stove dates back to 1904 when it was started by J.L. Caldwell in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The company stayed in the family, as L. Harkwick Caldwell took over the position of company president in 1961. In 1965, the company adopted Modern Maid as its name. The progressing years brought expansion to Modern Maid, with the addition of dishwashers and microwave ovens to its product lines. Modern Maid merged with McGraw-Edison in 1972 and then sold to Raytheon in 1979. Eventually, the brand was sold to the Maytag company though production of appliances under the Modern Maid name ceased."

Hope this will help you to make an informed decision about changing your appliances. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob