Summer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, M.Tech and Ph.D in Electrical Machines and Power Systems.

my fischer pakel electric dryer model#de08-us1 top sometimes

my fischer pakel electric dryer model#de08-us1 top sometimes gets extremely hot. you could literally fry bacon on it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Summer replied 7 years ago.

Usually when an electric dryer overheats, it's because of a defective cycling thermostat or a clogged vent system.

Clean any lint from the internal and external duct work, and/or replace the cycling thermostat.

It happens, one of the thermostats that controls the temperature in your dryer may break and cause the dryer to heat abruptly. If so, you need to replace it. The thermostat is usually a small, round, black device mounted to an oblong steel plate. The plate is mounted to the internal duct work with two screws.

Good Luck.
If this has helped you, do not forget to ACCEPT.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Happy to help you Always.
Thanks & regards