Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

how do you change the door gasket on LG washing Machine?

I have a LG washing Machine (wm2277hw) that needs a new gasket installed. How do i remove the old one and install the new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 7 years ago.

The front is held on with a wire clamp pop it off.Push the seal inside the drum.There will be a water inlet that needs to be undone.Then tip the unit back against the wall.The inside is held on with a clamp to the outer tub.Undo it remove old one replace with new one.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it seems like I need some type of special tool to remove the wire ? I am nervous that if i get the wire off I will not be able to put it back on. it seems to have some type of little spring on the front but it is very tight.

Use a flat head screw driver to pry it off.When you put it back it is easiest to have two people.Start one side get your friend to hold one side in place and feed it around it is a little difficult but it will go back on with a little patience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how much do you think it would cost me to have someone come out to my house and replace it? do you think this is something easy to replace?

About 120 dollars if you are going to get some one to do it phone around and get the best price.Don't call sears call a independent you will get a much better price.