Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.17593201 - I can start

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.17593201 - I can start the diagnostic mode but it quits and then the quick rinse light flashes. I have tried multiple button pushing, turning off breaker. This happened once before and then it worked fine for about three months now back to starting point.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
the quick rinse light flashing just means that the quick rinse button is getting stuck.

If a button sticks for longer than 15 seconds it will flash the indicator light over that button.

All error codes on this machine have to do with the "Clean" light flashing a certain amount of times. Any other buttons flashing just mean that button is stuck.

You will need to replace the touchpad to fix this problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think I could replace the touchpad myself or would you think I need a technician?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
it's probably something you could do. Just turn the power off to the unit before servicing and then remove the screws coming in from the inner liner of the door to take the entire control panel off.