Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Kenmore freezer, model # XXXXX The freezer

I have a Kenmore freezer, model # XXXXX The freezer will not run unless I push the "Quick Freeze" button. The digital display flashes the number 6. I think the control board may be bad but I am not sure. Please do not respond unless you can tell me what is wrong with it and how to fix it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes it seems you need to replace this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the only other eletronic board in this is the high voltage board, these also have problems though, heres a picture of the high voltage board, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=as you can see this one is burned up but usually when these go the freezer will not run at all. but you will also notice it has more than one relay on it if one of these were bad it may just run when you press the the quick freeze button. I dont believe this is the case on yours though. when you try the normal temp button does it respond at all(light up or move the digital display up or down)? I know you wanted a difinative answer to this but without more info we cant tell. first thing I would do is take a look at the high voltage board fo burns on the board. heres a diagram of where its located. its # XXXXX on this diagram, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pushing the up and down temp buttons does move the temp a few degrees, but if I push the up button several times the unit goes off and its says off in the display. If the board in the door is bad -- how do I get it out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm not really sure on this but i believe there is a trim piece that snaps off and then there are screws to remove under that , you have to careful not to break the trim. all i can do is send you a link to the diagrams. click here, http://ww w.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=25324092101&productCategoryId=0142000&brandId=0583&modelName=FREEZER&diagramPageId=00001&componentDescription=DOOR&documentId=P0407036&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list hopefully this will help. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You asked for more information about the temp control which I provided. Does it mean anything? I tried to snap the plastic trim off and I was concerned I that it was going to break. I have diagrams but it looks like there would be a service manual that explains how it comes apart.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
it means the temp control is bad sorry. as far as service manual i'll have to research this, I try to let you know today. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I will wait to hear from you
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well this is what I found , dont know for sure if it will help but it might,click here, http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/owner_manuals/search?sid=MMHMxSearsx00019&query=25324092101+KENMORE%20ELITE hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have alread seen that manual, it is a users manual not a service manual. Not only that, it does not even show the right kind of control. It shows an old manual control not a digital.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok I'll opt out maybe someone else can help you , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

You will need to replace the high voltage board, this is part numberNNN-NN-NNNN, and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com, or www3.sears.com. this will allow the unit to respond correctly when replaced...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, Thanks for the info. Just so I will know, can you tell me how the digital temp control is removed from the door?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
There is no reason to remove this part, the high voltage board does not go there..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know that. I just wanted to know how it comes out.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
You need to remove the inner door liner, then it should be held in with 3 or 4 screws inside of it...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK, Thanks for the info. I am going to order the part you said needs replaced.

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

No problem, thanks for using me for your answer...

Chas