Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just bought a GE dishwasher to replace my old Maytag. The

I just bought a GE dishwasher to replace my old Maytag. The new GE has 3 wires, white, black and green. However, from the house wall, there is only 2 wires, black and white. Where should I connect the green wire to?
the green would normally connect to the ground wire from your house--- if you don't have a ground wire then it connects to the neutral (usually white) wire along with the other white wire.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it a safe solution? there is a tag on the green wire says "must be connected to a reliable ground wire".
well it deffinately should be no doubt. If you only have 2 wires it means that your wiring is old, you really should hire an electrician to run a new cord through your house with 3 wires so that you can connect the ground otherwise the other way will work but you could void your warranty.