Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I stopped the washer mid-cycle. Unfortunately, the washer

Customer Question

I stopped the washer mid-cycle. Unfortunately, the washer had water inside of it. The door remains locked and then I can't restart it, none of the front buttons seem to work. I am wondering is there any "reset" button? I have tried to unplug the machine from the wall, but still no response from the buttons on the front of the machine. WHat do you recommend? The make of the washer is a Kenmore HE 3t
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well the board may just be confused unfortunately, you may need to manually unlock it.

To do so, take the lower front panel off. There are 3 screws near the bottom of the washer that hold this panel on. Remove the panel and reach up behind the upper front panel on the right side of the door. Attached to the lock assembly is a plastic pull tab. Pull on this tab to unlock the door.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now, that the door is open, apparently the washer is full of water. Maybe there is a clog or a faulty pump, what do you think I should do next?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well, now that you have that bottom panel off, there is a 3" diameter round hand twist plug you can unscrew on the base just behind the panel you removed in the middle.

If you untwist this cap then you can remove anything caught in the drain catch but WATCH OUT, when you unscrew the cap all the water inside the tub will come rushing out--so try to remove as much water as you can first in the tub.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cleaned out the "drain catch". It appears ro be working again. I guess I will try to start another load and see if the pump is working.

Thanks,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no problem and best of luck friend.