I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

I have anAdvancedCookingSystemElectric Oven. At present thereis

I have anAdvancedCookingSystemElectric Oven. At present thereis an F9 appearing where the clock time is. kAlso if Ihit cancel I am getting a crackling sound. I would like to know whatto do and if I should be concerned that it is dangerous. Thank you. Anne Bracken
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

• Please send me the brand
  • and complete model number
as shown on the sticker inside your appliance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I came home today and my oven was beeping and had F9 on the front of the oven where the time usually is on the LCD screen. Thecleaning lady was heeretoday and I don't know if she did something or just cleaned the front of the oven. I tried calling her, but no response.   I also cannot open the oven door. It appearsto be locked, but when I hit the "lock" botton or hit cancel, I sometimes get a crackling noise. The noise goes for about 10 sedcondsand then stops.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The oven is locked and I cannot open it It is under thecounter so I cannot tell you any information on model number, etc. The countertop is atanotherpart of my kitchen =-
Does your oven have a storage drawer at the bottom?
If so you may pull the storage drawer out half way and see a sticker with the model and serial number on it in the door jam or on the frame where the drawer would cover it when closed

Unless you have a Slidin or dropin range.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have a drawer. It is just an oven under the counter. It is one complete unit with a door and that door is locked -- it is a self-cleaning oven and all commands are bytouch -- it is electric
Okay lets try this.
Go to the breaker box for your home and turn the power for the oven off for 5 minutes!
There should be two switches controlling the oven.

This will reset the system and clear any electronic glitches.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I turned the circuit breakerback on and the oven crackled forabout 5 seconds with the time blinking then F9 came back on and nowit is beeping and thedoor isstill locked
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So i guess I need to get someone from anappliancestore or someone who fix appliances here? Should I turn off the circuit breaker in the meantime tomake sure nothing will start a fire?
Yes,

You are hearing that crakel so turn it off and leave it off.
This sounds like a short making this noise!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK THANKS FOR ALLYOUR HELP -- YOU'RE TERRIFIC AND I WILL DEFINITELY USE YOU AGAIN IF I NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING ELSE. THANKS FOR SPENDING THE TIME THIS LATE AT NIGHT. THANKS AGAIN. XXXXX - IF I REPLY SEND IT BACK SO I CAN HIT ACCEPT AND GET YOU PAID.
You are welcome here is the green accept button for you to CLICK ACCEPT!!