Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The door on my Westinghouse stove model no PAK808W does not

The door on my Westinghouse stove model no PAK808W does not seal properly. I purshaced it on 12/09/07 and it was the same then. Can you tell me how I may be able to fix the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
where is it not sealing and why do you think it's not sealing properly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The door seems to be ajar at the top I can fit my litle finger in the opening and feel the heat coming out.It has some movement in the door at the top when it is shut.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
well I'm not there to see how well it's sealing but you are either going to need new hinges because they are not pulling tight enough, or nothing at all is wrong.

There is always heat that comes out the top of the seal, if you'd like to do a test to see if the door is sealing like it should then fold a piece of paper in the "hot dog" direction.

Open the door and put the paper between the door and the frame where the door seal touches. Pull and push the piece of paper back and forth to see if you can slide it in and out easily. If everything is good you should be able to pull the piece of paper but have difficulty pushing the paper back through the seal.

The door never sits 100% parallel with the frame it should always slant outward just a bit. However, you can help the door shut better by forming the door seal. You can form the door seal by running self clean several times and you will see the door latch will PULL the door into a more upright position.