Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a whirlpool calypso washer (GVW9959KQ2 the touch buttons

I have a whirlpool calypso washer (GVW9959KQ2 the touch buttons do nothing, until I hit cancel/start. Then the extended cycle will light and the cycle signal lights up and there is a number 7. Can this be the touch panel ? I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it does the very same thing ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
This is the touchpanel itself causing the problem. I had one last week that was showing 9 on the screen from a shorted keypad. Depending on the color there are 2 different keypads for your model, one is for PEARL and the other is for PEWTER
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you reccomend where I find a good deal on this touchpad ?
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
I do all my purchases from or, they both have great return policies,,,,However I have been told that has better prices but thier return policy sucks...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, I will check them out, thank you for the help. Is the touch panel difficult to change ? I've already changed the boards and
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
If you changed the pump on this then you should not have a lot of trouble then good luck....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

No problem, be sure to hit the accept button before you go.... Let me know what happens also...