Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I replace the terminal block on my maytag neptune dryer

Customer Question

How do I replace the terminal block on my maytag neptune dryer? I bought the dryer used and the guy said when he was taking the power cord off, the terminal block broke. I have a new one but not sure which wire goes where?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok how many wires do you have on the cord? if its 4 a red , black. white and green they go red on one outside terminal black one the other side outer terminal the white goes in the middle and the green grounds to the machine body, if it a 3 wire cord they go just the way the wire is set up , it will be flat and in a row, as far as the wires comming bfrom the dryer to the terminal there should be 2 red 2white and 2 black. put them the same way as the 4 wire cord goes , black ones outside white ones middle and red ones one the other outside terminal, thats it. just make sure the same colors go on the same terminals
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
p.s. if you use a 4 wire plug to your outlet when you wire it if there is a copper strap on the middle terminal that goes to ground remove it.the green wire serves as the body ground and its not needed, if its a three wire cord leave it to the body. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have 6 wires from the dryer. 2 white, 2 Blue and 2 Black
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok two blue on one outside terminal two white in the center and the two black on the other outside one . sometimes they use different colors sorry. just make sure they same colors go together. thanks Bryan