John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Kenmore Coldspot Model 58782892 shuts off and starts to

My Kenmore Coldspot Model 58782892 shuts off and starts to thaw, and than restarts. It is an intermitent problem. Is there a temperature switch that could be telling the fridge to shut off? When you can hear the compressor and fan running, everything works great, but something is causing the compressor to shut down. Any suggestions?
Hi Thanks for the question,It sounds like the control Thats not a good model # XXXXX send the complete model #
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I double checked the model number and the complete number is XXXXX the serial number is XXXXX and the type is C27SSA99. the manufactured date is 02/99
Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a real small 106. in front of the 58782892
I believe you Its just not in the system,It is the thermostat that is the problem, It will get cold ,shut off and thats it till you tap it or on and off ,Because I dont have the model # XXXXX cant get the part # Some times this happens,But replace the thermostat,It will solve the problem
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I get a replacement thermostat if it can't be looked up in the system? How do I go about replacing the thermostat?
Where are you from
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am located in northern California. The city of Cloverdale 95425
You will be able to order from sears,Sears are funny They dont share info,Thts why the model is not coming up If I had the part # XXXXX can you the price, And where to buy it
Leave it with me I will have it by noon tomorrow

Here is the thermostat you need, The complete model # XXXXX XXXXX

Another part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Hope this helps you