Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my ice machine on my refrigerator has stopped making ice!

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok hold on i have to get it and write it down
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GSS23WSTASS
thanks ,,,, feel inside the icemaker and see it there is any ice or water in the tray
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
none at all
on the side of the head of the icemaker there is a switch for on and off ,,, push it over and hold down on start and count to 30 and see if it starts running ,, if it does and release the swicth and let it run and at the end tell me if there is water inside then
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i'll try it..hang on!
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i did that but it didn't start running
hold in on the light switch and hold it over longer please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the switch that i'm hitting is at the back of the freezer...on/off, behind the icemaker....is that right?
its on the icemaker head itself
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay that's what i did.....i turned the switch to the on position....then there's like an arm near it...i pushed that back....nothing happened
where are the ejector fingers that push the ice out pointing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm not sure i know which are the ejector fingers....can you describe them?
the fingers in the tray of the icemaker or rack if you want to call it take
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm sorry i'm having trouble understanding....are they near the front of the tray...like right where the ice gets pushed out...or are they in the back of the tray where the ice falls into the tray?
they are in the tray and they are the ones that push the ice out of the tray
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok what direction are they pointing? toward the left if that's what you mean
thats it and thanks for your help ,,, you need to replace the icemaker and that will fix it ,,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $127.99 online at www3.sears.com or at a local appliance parts house ,,,, if no more questions then please hit the accept button for me and have a good evening ,,,,, thanks Larry

Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service