Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Conquest - no ice , red light blinking but water still wor

Conquest - no ice , red light blinking but water still works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Conquest - Whirlpool Gold - Side by side

ice maker is not working but water is still coming out the door. Red light blinking whether in on or off position

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
most likely your module on on the ice maker is bad, Ice Maker Module - Click Image to Closethis is under the front cover of the ice maker, you need to remove the ice maker to check it, when you get the ice maker out the front white cover snaps off. sometimes you need to use a small screw driver to pry it but it will come off. once you have the cover off check the middle of the white gear there are two tabs holding the gear one of them is probably broken and the gear doesn't turn. we do allot of these . to replace this there are three screws holding it on and you need to take a small screw driver and push in the little tab that holds the plug into ice maker and push it in to pull the plug out then remove the module and replace it then snap the plug back in tightly, you can get this for around $58.00 @ http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=9 they also sell an after market one with the same warranty(1 year) for $41.23 under alternative part. let me know how you do , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you send this answer to my email
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no just on this site thats all I'm allowed to do , did you see the answer? let me know , thanks Bryan