Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool side by side ref/freezer. Model ED5LHAXMB10.

I have a whirlpool side by side ref/freezer. Model ED5LHAXMB10. It freezes and cools properly. It will not dump any ice. There is ice in the top, but it will not dump out . The freezer setting is on 5 and I have recently replaced the water filter. It had stopped producing ice before the filter was replaced. The switch is on and the red LED is flashing in the infrared detector.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you most likely need to replace the ice maker module in this, it is a common problem with this unit, there are two little tabs in the middle of the main gear on this one has proably broken and the ice maker cant cycle. heres the module, Ice Maker Module - Click Image to Closeyou can replace the module rather than the whole ice maker and save allot of money, heres where you can get it, http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=9 its less than most places here, I'll be back later to help you check the module, you need to remove the ice maker to check this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sounds goo to me. Where do I find the Green Accept button? I can't belive you responded in less than 17 minutes ! Especially before 7:00 AM on a Monday morning!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sounds good to me. Where do I find the Green Accept button? I can't belive you responded in less than 17 minutes ! Especially before 7:00 AM on a Monday morning!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it should be there now, if you have any further questions just leave the question open after accept and i'll be back later to help more if you need it, p.s. when replacing this you need to release the plug from the ice maker itself before installing new module so you dont bend the contacts , you will see on the right side where the plug goes you will see a little push in tab use a small screw driver to release this and pull the plug out after replacing the module plug it back in. thanks Bryan