Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My freezer is making a humming noise (high pitch). Is there

My freezer is making a humming noise (high pitch). Is there a way I can fix this?
can you get me the model # XXXXX make? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Its a GE side-by-side with an ice maker. Model # XXXXX XXXXX BS.

ok the most likely cause for this is the control board not sending the right amount of power(from the transformer on the board) to the fan in the freezer. the fans are dc volts normally around 9 volts. the transformer is bad but you will need to replace the entire board to repair this unfortunately, heres the board., Main Control Board - Click Image to Closethis is located in the back of refrigerator if you pull it away from wall. usually looking from the back on the right side about 18" from the floor behind a panel with three 1/4" screws holding panel. change the board and it will be fine, thanks Bryan
sorry heres a great place to get this board and its around $114.00, compared to sears $136.00 its a bargan. I use these guys all the time. thanks Bryan
as far as bonuses are concerned as long as you leave the question open you can come back and give a bonus if you wish, thanks for the accept, Bryan.