Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a GE Microwave where the turntable keeps turning even after i am done

When i open the door it will stop but when i close it, the turntable keeps turning.

Model- JVM1540DM2WW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
is it doing this when not in use
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct, i wil heat up my food, take it out and then close the door and i'll hear the turntable turning even though i am not using it and the time is up.
when you open the door it will quit running
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes when i open the door it quits running but when i close it, it starts up again
your control board is bad ,,, the circuits that control power to the turn table ,,, you can eather take the screws out on the bottom of the m/w and disconnect the turntable motor and not use it or replace the control board ,, if you disconnect the motor then wrap the wires with tape ,,,,, if you like the part number and price of the control let me know and i will see if i can pull it up for you / larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's what i was thinking, thanks Larry, if you can just give me an estimate so i kinda know what i am looking at that would be helpfull, is the control board easy to replace? Thanks again!!
the part number for the smartboard is WB27X10931 and it cost about $130.00 you have to disconnect the m/w and remove the grill across the top and take the screw out holding the control panel on and drop it over and replace the board on the back ,,,, thanks for the accept and bonus
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok great, thanks Larry!!!
you are most welcome