Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag dryer modle#sde3606ayw serial#12842736eg. Timer

I have a maytag dryer modle#sde3606ayw serial#12842736eg. Timer won't advance in auto but will heat, We have changed the cycleing stst along with the heater under the stat. Vent is clear Checked heater for ground and is ok need help
is this the thermostat you replaced? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=or was it this one? Part 601359it has two cycle thermostats you may have replaced the wrong one, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
stat part# XXXXX bottom one
ok you have to cange the other one. one cycles the heater and the other sends power to the timer to advance it in automatic cycle, where was the one you replaced located? on the blower assembly.? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the one we replaced is on the blower housing. Where is the other one located
I'll have to look that up later I have to go and do a couple of jobs right now but will be back after lunch. I believe though its on the blower assembly also, next to the one you replaced. talk later thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks be looking to hear from you. If I remember righr there is only one stat ander on the blower housing. stat part #503979 and the heater part# XXXXX . both are on the housing. thanks see you after lunch.. paul
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm still waiting for som help. Was told after lunch would get an answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when will get a reply to my question its been about 10 hours
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if you don't what is wrong say so.
I'm sorry Paul I really got swamped today and just now got in. 12 hour day I'm beat. I'm checking this now bare with me, thanks Bryan
well your right only ione cycling thermostat in this and you changed it , there are only two things left that mite cause this and ones the timer the other is the thermostat boosting heater. Part 1001 this may be the problem, these heat the thermostat and I believe this may be bad. I'm sorry to hold you up so long i didnt expect all the work that came in. heres the site to get this. this should do it. if it doesnt the timer is bad. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for all lyour help Paul