Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My ge gas dryer will not start - for several weeks we had trouble

My ge gas dryer will not start - for several weeks we had trouble getting the timer to "catch", we played with it, but it never was accurate as far as the minutes selected. Now, we cannot get it to catch at all. can this be fixed?
can you get me the model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model number is : DBXR463EG1WW
there are a few things you need to check on this. do you have a volt meter? when you say you are having trouble getting the timer to catch how do you mean? it doidnt start all the time or the timer wouldnt turn correctly? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I try to set the timer it will not stop on a selection - the knob just keeps going - kinda like it is stripped.
heres your timer. more than likely though you knob is stripped these are plastic and break easy. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= this knob just pulls off see if its cracked on the outside of the metal clip. also check the timer shaft these are plastic also and they round off so they dont have the flat partto catch the knob so the knob just turns on the shaft. hope this helps, thanks Bryan