John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just installed a new door switch in my Kenmore HE4 dryer.

Customer Question

I just installed a new door switch in my Kenmore HE4 dryer. With the old switch it would only 'beep' once after a setting was selected and Start was pressed. Previous answered given here was the door switch was bad, so I changed it. Now when setting is selcted, it 'beeps' once and does nothing. The motor will not kick in and turn the tub. Changing the switch seems to NOT be the solution. It appears to be an obvious electrical problem, maybe the 'broken belt switch' giving a false indication or a Control Board failure. Any better ideas as to why the unit will not start running?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
If your answer did not work for you...You sholud be able to request the Expert who gave you that advice ...To get it correct...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Larry was the first Tech to respond saying the door switch was bad, but gave bad instructions on how to change the switch. The second Tech response was from Appliance Doc (only name given)on how to actually change the switch, which was correct. The fix was made, but the dryer still will not start running...it just beeps once and does nothing else.It has to be something either in a switch or on the circuit board. I would really like to get this thing fixed and back in service since I don't care for laundramats. Thank you.
What is your model number...?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number is XXXXX

Have you tested the moistor sensor..Does it beep every time you push start...?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The moisture sensor is not identified on my IPB, just the small harness that connects to it. Where is it located and how do I test it? Yes, it beeps once each time a setting selection is made and the Start button is pushed. You have to clear the selection and re-select, then it will beep once. If pushed a second time without a reset, it does nothing.
#4 on diagram.....You will need to remove front panel to get to it.....graphic

Den...Ihave to step out for a bit...I will be back on later to help you....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your IPB is the same as mine. Is the sensor on the front panel or under the front of the tub or to the right of the tub? Do I test it with a meter?
It is mounted inside the door in front of the lint trap....Feel for two metal stripes......