Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Went to use my Maytag gas oven last night and it would not

Went to use my Maytag gas oven last night and it would not heat. The ignitor looks like it is working, but no flame.
you may have a bad igniter even though it glows it may not be drawing enough amps to open the safety valve. can you get me model # XXXXX will check the igniter in this , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is there somewhere on the oven I can find the model number? I can't find my manual.
do you have a bottom drawer in this? look in there when you open it. there should be a tag. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Found the manual! Model Number CWG 3100AAB. Very small unit - only 24 inches wide.
this is what you need to change on your oven. http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=7 Igniter - Click Image to Close this will take care of your problem, this says magic chef oven on the site but is the same as your igniter. these are the newer ones they are using now, change this and you should be fine, thanks Bryan