Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a dE error on my LG washing machine.. weve replaced

Customer Question

I have a dE error on my LG washing machine.. we've replaced the locking mechanism, but it still shows the dE error at about the time it starts the spin cycle... only 2 years old.. any ideas???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello does the door unlock when it gives the error code? Also does the unit drain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it does unlock! most of the time it sounds like 2 clicks. Also, I haven't noticed a draining problem.
Was it doing the exact same thing before you replaced the door lock assembly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, exactly!!! The new lock made no difference at all.
Ok well i want you to try one thing before i give you the bad news.On the lower front panel there is a access hole take the cover off and remove the filter out of the pump it just twist out.Post back with result was there any thing inside?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My husband did that yesterday and said there was a coin and some lent in there..... Also, just a bit more info, he said that he did clean the rubber door gasket (suggested online)..
Yes that is what i was going to ask next.If the boot is clean and you have a new lock and the pump is clear you have a control board issue the control is bad not telling the lock to stay locked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok :( ... so, can you tell me if that is something we can fix/replace ourselves, or will we need a technician???

Also, where do I get one if it needs replacing?

Thanks for your help!! I'll definatly use your services again!!!
Well i don't not now how handy you are i would recommend having a tech replace it only because if they do the control will have a warranty on it in my mind its worth the piece of mind.If you do want to get it you can get the part at repairclinic.com.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, I'm looking at that website... what is that part called? My husband is pretty handy.. computer technician.. :)
Its called the circuit board or control board what is the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wm0642hw
Click here.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks alot! I appreciate your help.. even the bad new, at least I won't have to go to the laundry mat much more. :)
Your very welcome good luck!