Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher is whirlpool DU8750X about 10 yrs old. Everything

Customer Question

My dishwasher is whirlpool DU8750X about 10 yrs old. Everything is working fine except it will not drain at the bottom of the dishwasher. I've checked all the lines going to garbage disposal etc. and they are clean. On the bottom of the dishwasher, I have removed the spray arm and cap to reveal the top of the motor but I don't see how it can be removed to get to the strainer holes. Any suggestion how and what my problem might be
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you may have a problem with the drain impeller on this. you said you check the line to the garbage disposal have you changed the garbage disposal lately? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no. the garbage disposal is working fine. I just checked all the hoses there and those leading to the dishwasher

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I didnt know if you changed the garbage disposal because allot of people forget to punch out the knockout in the disposal and the dish washer wiont drain. ok one of the first things you should do is remove the drain hose at the pump and in this picture you can see the part that the hose connects to unscrews counter clockwise. sometimes these get clogged with crap and you will need to clean this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check that and get back to me. this is probably the problem on this , we have to clean these in allot of these machines. one other thing this motor will stop and go into reverse to drain you can hear this is it doing that? let me know thanks Bryan, heres the part you need to unscrew. Part 2844
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry but i'm confused. on your top picture I had already unscrewed the top part. The blade and all was still connected. When I lifted it off there is just a round circle with a small center piece that you can manually turn it in circles. I don't see a way to take that part off which I think goes to the motor. There is a side piece that I unscrewed that had a top with a spring and what appears to be a rubber piece that won't come out. On your second picture, I don't see that in my dishwasher anywhere
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no this is on the bottom under the machine thats where you need to unscrew , the part your talking about I believe is the impeller assembly Part 679717 you really should check the part I told you is underneath the machine where the drain hose connects to the dishwasher. if you take the kick panel of the front bottom you should see where the drain connects on the right side I believe on this model, let me know when you find it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

found it

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok unscew it and get a towel some water may come out take the tube to the sink and clean it out. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well all the water is now out of the dishwasher..that part is good but the part is very clean
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

ok was it clear when you took it out.? try taking the hose off the other end and blowing through it. if its clear and the drain impeller is good then the motor isnt revering to drain.there should be no clog in the pump if the water came out when you unscreewed the drain connector. did you put it back together yet and try it? let me know Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok it wll take me a little bit to hook everything back up
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok when you got it all back together try it and listen for the motor to stop and then it should start again to drain. you can hear this . also if its not draing but did reverse try putting the sink end of hose in a bis bucket and see if it drains into it. I need to hit the hay in about 15 minutes( have to get up early) hopefully you get it back together by then. if not I can check with you in the morning. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is ok if you need to go on. I will try this and you can check back with me. Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem hope it works , talk tomorrow if you need me, thanks Bryan