Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Gibson refrigeratoat model #RT19F3WT stopped working. Lights

Gibson refrigeratoat model #RT19F3WT stopped working. Lights on. Makes clicking sound.
ok it sounds like you need to replace the relay on the side of the compreesor. this will make a clicking sound around every 3-5 minutes. Part 777751this is what you need to replace in this if the noise is comming from behind the refrigerator where the compressor is. if you replace this and the compressor still wont start then you have a bad compressor but this should take care of can order this here, its around $53.00. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Bryan - appreciate your quick response.

Make sure I understand:

-1st replace the relay. (can this be purchased from a local applicance dealer?)

-if the relay does not start the compressor then the compressor is bad (replace the compressor).

Is this relatively easy to do?

sorry i worked all day. basically if the relay doesn't work which I think it will ,then you need the compressor replaced but you would need to have this done by a professional service tech. there is freon that needs to be replaced and you need a license to do that. try the relay and let me know , thanks Bryan