Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a new (1 week) LG RC288 DVD/VCR Combo - It has 2 x

I have a new (1 week) LG RC288 DVD/VCR Combo - It has 2 x now, this time 1/2 way into the 2nd 45 minute tape... Says "Recording File Information - Please wait!" VCR continues but no sound. still running likw that.                     1st time was with last tape (45min SP JVG CamCorder). had to pull the power to reset - all data on disk was lost as RC288 reads the disk and then spits it out saying "Check the Disk" or somethong similar. Do I take the unit back or what can I do??
I would return this to the store and get a new one. if you attempt to repair they will viod your warranty. where did you buy this? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bought it from GAN'S Shop A3, Access Park, 1 van Riebeeck Road, Kuilsriver (South Africa) Phone 027 21(NNN) NNN-NNNN
ok this is really a u.k. appliance category question but all their going to teel you is to return it to the store , this is still under warranty. return it and get replacement. thanks Bryan