Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

kenmore he2 dryer getting error code f 01

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Remove the lower front panel of the washer. (the 1/4 screws are across the bottom) Just inside that panel is a tech manual. Skip to the error code section. For an F01, the steps should be unplugging it for 2 1/2minutes (to reset the Triacc (part of the main circuit board). I would also pop the top cover (the screws are in the back) and check for any loose connections on your main circuit board ( front top, right hand corner) WARNING - Circuit boards are delicate and an static shock could ruin them. Ground yourself before touching the connections. If all steps fail, you can contact a local servicer. I only suggest this because I have found there are other things (not printed in the tech manual) that will give a false f01 error code. Make sure they give you a warranty for thier work. If you would like to replace the board yourself, they can be obtained from the local appliance parts supply stores or online form the manufacture. hope this helps thanks Bryan