Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

Customer Question

The door seal gasket got chunk tore out of it and i want to know how to replace it. It's the gasket that encirles the round opening that the door closes against to create a leak proof seal
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 7 years ago.
do you have the old one off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not have the old one off. This is part of the process I need to know. If I figure out how to get it off I think I can replace it. Please advise. Thank you----Jack
The front is held on with a wire clamp use a flat head screwdriver to pop it off.Peel it off the front undo water inlet.Push it inside the tub there is a clamp holding it to the outer tub.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don"t understand what peel it off front undo water inlet. I looked at it briefly, did not see water inlet. Where exactly is the wire clamp. does it encircle the entire opening?

Where it goes arond the door that is where it is located.There is a groove the clamp sits in.When you get the front of you will see where the water comes in.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tom I'm sorry but I can't find any wire clamp or groove it fits in.I'm really trying. Are you sure you have the right modle # ? WF 337AAR

Sorry my mistake the front should be glued on in spots around the front.Get your fingers under it and get it started you will need a flexable blade to remove it from the glue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a special glue for putting it back on and where would I get it

Contact cement or some crazy glue anything that will adhere it to the front.

Just take it and start to pull it off.