Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I change the glass top on a RS696PXGQ drop-in range

does your top look like this.? click here, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=259774 let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is not the control panel i need to change it is the glass cook top. looks like the control panel
sorry i hit the wrong link. is this what it looks like?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That is it
ok . let me check the diagrams these are tricky but I believe on this you need to remove this from the cabinet unfortunatly, I'll be back soon. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ok thanks

ok you need to remove the range from the cabinet and the remove the knobs #10 on diagram and then #14 the rubbers then you need to remove the screws holding # XXXXX the trim ring , these screws go all the way around thus you need to get the range out to get at them, I have however done this without completely removing the range. if you are able to get the whole thing up far enough to get the screws out you can do this with the range sitting on blocks unfortunatly you need two people to do it this way.after you get the trim ring off the glass will come righ off. be careful not to get glas in the burners and if you do be careful getting the glass chards out use tweezers and dont touch the wire in the burners you can cause them to burn up from the oil on your hands. thats all I can tell you on this. hope its enough. thanks Bryan, diagram,