Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag washer model LAT8740AAL the last 3 washes we

I have a maytag washer model LAT8740AAL the last 3 washes we have watter all over the floor - it is not coming from the hoses - it seems to be coming from the bottom front right hand side - under the washer. What could be causing this? Can I fix it myself? The washer is 20 yrs old, is it time to get a new washer? I have not had any other problems in the last 10 years.
most likely its your pump. is the water comming from the right front corner of machine? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes - it is coming from the front right hand corner. it starts out as a very small puddle and increases to a large puddle by the end of the wash. The spin cycle was complete but the close were much damper than usual after spin cycle.
you need to replace the drain pump in this, this is the pump. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= there should be two screws holding the front panel on, take these out they are near the bottom, then pull the panel out from the bottom and it will come off. you will see the pump there , run the machine and watch for leaks in this, also you may have to tip machine back and check near the pulley the seal ther may be leaking but you cant buy just the seal you need to replace the pump. heres a link to the pump. hope this helps thanks Bryan