Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ge Refrig temp control lights and ice/water display lights

Customer Question

Ge Refrig temp control lights and ice/water display lights are not working. Power to refrig as light comes on when you open door. Whats wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

MODEL # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to replace the main control board on this, these fail all the time , we replace allot of these for the same reason, Main Control Board - Click Image to CloseG.E has had to redisign these three or four times because of failer, you can order this here , http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8 or if you have a local supply house they may carry it. thanks well wishes and have a Happy Easter! Bryan, p.s. this is located if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall you will see a cover with 1/4" screws in it , the board is behind the cover.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will the frfrig stay cool enough for me to do this

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are the refrigerator fans running? do you have a thermometer to put in the freezer section? it should still stay cold if you hear the fans running and the compressor is running. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I do not hear any fans running, so I will hire an expert.

Thank You for you time

Happy Easter

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry I couldnt do more but its deffinatly the main control board. I hope you heve somewhere to bring your food in the meantime. I feel really bad but you cant do anything without a board. well wishes and thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry the site I sent you to was down for maintenance its back up now you can try it again now, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks again, I am having a repairman from 123 Appliance respond today. I just wanted to get an idea of the cost for the equipment.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the board online runs about $125.00 thats what the site I gave you lists it for, just so your prepared if they try to charge you to much, some people do. have a nice Easter, well wishes Bryan