applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Refrigerator,freezer and ice maker dont work the refrigerator

Customer Question

Refrigerator,freezer and ice maker dont work the refrigerator and the freezer run but dont get cold the ice maker does nothing we were away for three months with unit left running an expert told us to do this the control for refrigerator shuts the unit down when set to off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 5 years ago.
Hi, what is the make and model # ? How old is it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Frigidaire FRT21H7ASB3 2003
Remove bottom back cover, is fan and compressor running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fn is running I would guess the compressor is not I cant hear it and when I feel it I dont feel anything
If the fan is running the compressor should also be running, I would replace the starter part # XXXXX and run capacitor part #NNN-NN-NNNN They are located on the compressor locked in with the wire band.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where do I get parts and what is cost how hard to change parts
I looked up parts at apwagner.com, but you should be able to get them at any local appliance part store. The prices are different so you can check with local part store. The parts are easy to change, Unplug refer and pop off wire band unplug old parts. Not even five min job. The other possibility may be the compressor is bad, but this is the inexpensive fix first.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took out the part held in by clip it has 5 part #s
8334238050110 8334238050300 XXXXXXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNS-003 06
does this mean there are 5 parts in unit only 1 # XXXXX up
the21890912 what should parts cost?

Just go with the part #'s I gave you.The starter should be around $33 and the cap around $21

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hate to show how stupid I am but if the part held in by the clip
is the capacitor where is the starter If they are seperate why cant Ichange 1 at a time
The part you removed comes apart into two pieces. You always want to change them together.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is 1 sealed unit about 1and1/2 inches by 2 and 1/4 with 2 metal
tabs that plug into condenser

Is there a black piece on the back?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is it a black piece as I described with the name SHIZUKI CMKS

NSK89989 -40/75 c 220VAC

Is there still a piece on the compressor or can you see three open prongs?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where I removed the unit described there are two slots for prongs
on that unit that is attached to compressor there are 2 wires a red and blue that appears to be a sealed unit
Then there is still a piece attached to the compressor, the compressor has three prongs Start run and neutral. When both parts are removed you will see three silver prongs on the compressor. I was looking for pics to show you but had no luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I pulled off the part starter 21872119 but it appears sealed and hard wired to the part body with the red and blue wire the part had 3 prongplus 2 places to plug in the other part there is no easy way to remove the power

The only thing I can recommend is get the parts and go from there.