How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an over the conter microwave and was changing the light

Resolved Question:

I have an over the conter microwave and was changing the light bulb. the bulb broke taking it out and I herd a pop. I put the new bulb in and now the fan, light, and microwave will not work. I did check the 20amp fuse behind the face.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
first off before attempting any microwave repair internally read this.

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , you may have blown the safety thermostat in this if there is one in your model. can you get me the model # XXXXX make? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model # XXXXX and is made by Whirlpool
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you may have blown this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the thermal fuse. you said you check thias fuse i believe right.? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I wouldnt go any further into this machine and would call for service on this. this thermostat can be burried in the machine and most likely has to come down to get to it. have you plugged anything into the outlet above in the cabinet where microwave plugs in to see if you have power there? this is as far as I would sudjest you goas far as repairing this yourself.hope this helps,be safe, thanks Bryan
Bryan and 6 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions