Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have a PLHS237ZA Side by Side refrigerator. Every

Customer Question

Hello, I have a PLHS237ZA Side by Side refrigerator. Every time I open the freezer side -- the light on the control panel turns on and both cubes and crushed ice indicators turn on as well. At this point, only crushed iced will be dispensed. How can I fix this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this sounds like one of three problems, this.Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= which is the soleniod that makes it go from cubed to crushed, this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= the dipenser control board or the bar that runs underneath the auger is stuck its probably a gold looking bar under the part that holds the ice cubes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The issue is that ALL of the switches turn on, including light. I have to manually turn the light off and switch back to cubes. Then, everything works OK till I open the freezer again. There are no problems between opening the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

I misunderstood..I have seen this before..everytime you open and close the door the settings are changing.

The light comes on and stays on. Thats the board causing the problem. Replace that board and that will take care of it.

You can get it below.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for your answer! One more questions -- would I be able to replace it w/o soldering?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Yes its a plug in module. I ll see if I can find a drawing for disassembly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

Wait just a bit. This may take some time I think I found something I just want to double

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

Ok yes thats definitely the one you want click the link below and select your model.

choose parts diagram from the list and then choose page 14/21. Thats your dispenser.

That second board you will see is a power board. You do not need that one.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great! The diagram is very useful. However, should I ignore the dispenser control board from the Midway Parts? I'm also not sure which sub-model is mine. All I have on the label is PLHS237ZA. Does it mean I have to pick a part for PLHS237ZAB0 model? Thanks again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

That drawing is for example only . Print that out so you have something to go by when

you are ready to do the installation.

The correct part you need to order I linked you to

above at midway parts is the exact part you need.

Remember to unplug before you start. You are most certianly welcome.