Right,, there is a vent and a fan in the back of the dishwasher I found it on the drawing I made a mistake. These instructions for your model clearly tell how to mount to the countertop. This is a direct quote and I have included all the instructions below. If a inch clearance is mentioned I m missing it.
The dishwasher must be secured to keep it from tilting when door is
opened. Choose one of the methods described below to secure unit.
1. Install the Cabinet Seal Kit (Instructions included in Kit)
3. Adjust levelers (see Step 5) so mounting brackets touch
underside of countertop. IMPORTANT: Dishwasher must rest on
floor-do not hang from countertop. See Figure 14.
4. Tub needs to be even with the front of adjoining cabinets.
5. Screw mounting brackets firmly to countertop using screws
provided in literature packet.
6. Open and close dishwasher door slowly. If door hits mounting
brackets lower the dishwasher in front and rear.
1. Measure height of cabinet opening
from underside of countertop to floor.
Check chart for height opening and
2. Move dishwasher to front of installation area.
3. Loosen the front and rear leveling legs by turning
Figure 8. Front levelers should allow 1/4" below underside of
Leveling Dishwasher 5
Number of Turns to
Leg Leveler Adjustment Chart
For additional height add shims under levelers.
4. If levelers have to be removed, make sure floor is free of
5. Place dishwasher inside cabinet area so that it is centered in
opening. Use caution when moving dishwasher to prevent
damage to dishwasher, floor, and cabinets.
6. Check that dishwasher is level from side to side by placing a
level against the top front section of the tub. See Figure 9a.
Front Leveler Wrench
Finishing the Water 7
Do not solder within 6" of the water inlet valve. Damage to
the plastic parts in the valve may occur.
Use care that no sealer, dirt, or other objects enter the valve.
Damage to the filter screen may occur.
Be sure the dishwasher is placed where the water inlet valve
will be kept from freezing. If the valve freezes, it may rupture
and flooding may occur.
1. Flush water line before connecting it to water inlet valve to
prevent early clogging of filter screen. Place a bunched towel
over end of line to prevent splashing. Open water supply valve for
supply at shut-off valve.
1. Remove junction box cover and pull house wiring into junction
2. Use a UL listed conduit connector,(not included), at box to
IMPORTANT: Be sure electrical cable is not routed behind
This procedure is difficult and should be used only if countertop
mounting brackets cannot be used.
1. Screw 1/4" lag screws, (not included), through holes provided in
2. Use expansion fasteners if floor is concrete.
Before starting the dishwasher,
Use 1/4" Lag Screws
The dishwasher door panel can be customized to match wood
cabinets. This will require a kit that includes a mid-door with side
and bottom trim, heavy-duty door springs and instructions.
Kits are available from your dealer or parts supplier.
Note: CusXXXXX XXXXX Panels are not available on 1000 Series and
4000 Series Dishwashers.
Electric Shock Hazard
Disconnect electrical power at the fuse box
or circuit breaker box before beginning
Failure to follow this warning could result in
death or serious injury.
Metal color panels are sharp and should be
handled with care. Wear gloves to protect
Failure to follow this warning may result in
Installing Wood Panel
Removing & Replacing Door
To Install a CusXXXXX XXXXX Panel
Checking the Installation 11
check these items:
q Drain hose is assembled to drain pump.
q All packing materials and consumer literature have been
removed from unit.
q Dishwasher is level and securely fastened.
q Open and close door to make sure it does not hit
surrounding cabinet or countertop.
q Water and drain lines have no kinks.
q Wiring connections to junction box are tight.
q Water supply is turned on.
q Joints are free of leaks.
The drain hose loop must be at least 32" high from the floor
to insure proper drainage.
3. Inside junction box, attach ground wire under head of grounding
4. Connect incoming black lead to dishwasher's black lead and
incoming white lead to dishwasher's white lead with wire nuts or
other suitable connectors,(not included). Wire nuts should be
4. Place door where it will not get scratched or damaged while
5. When ready to replace door, fit the slots on each side of top
door edge over the tabs on the metal liner. Push on sides to
insure the door is flat. Push up from bottom until there is no gap
6. Unlatch door and open while supporting outer door on both sides
at bottom to keep in place. Align screw holes and replace
Appearance of console and door may
vary from your model.
Sink at Left
1. Unlatch and open
door. Using a Phillips
head screw driver,
remove two (2) screws
from inner door. Save
screws to reassemble.
See Figure 16a.
2. Close and latch door
while holding both
3. Place one hand on
each side of door and
pull down at top
Pull entire door
Finishing the Drain 6
Plumbing material and drain hose must not come
in contact with wiring or electrical components.
personal injury from exposed wiring.
1. Pull out unit and check to see if drain hose is correctly attached
to the drain pump assembly. If drain hose is not attached to
drain pump, follow the instruction sheet (included with drain
hose) on how to correctly install the drain hose to the drain pump
2. Move unit back in place while routing drain hose through access
hole. Use caution to prevent damage to the dishwasher, floor
bends or kinks that might restrict drain flow.
3. Secure drain hose to sink drain, disposer, or separate trap with a
you may damage end of hose. Do not connect hose to
horizontal pipe between sink drain and disposer.
4. Be sure unit does not rest on drain hose. It should be free of
electrical components and door springs. Do not cut corrugated
drain hose. Pull excess through cabinet and place under sink.
Make sure hose does not come in contact with any sharp edges.
See Figure 10.
3. While firmly pulling water supply line into 90° elbow, tightly
connect water supply to water inlet valve. Supply line must be
free of kinks, scales, chips, and lubricants.
4. Turn on water supply and check for leaks.
5. If water inlet valve clogs, make sure water supply is off.
Remove four (4) screws at inlet end of valve and clean filter
Finishing the Electrical
Make sure electrical power has been disconnected at fuse
box or circuit breaker box.
The dishwasher must be connected to a grounded metal,
permanent wiring system. The equipment-grounding
conductor must be run with the circuit conductors and
connected to the appliance's equipment grounding terminal
or lead. It is the consumer's responsibility to contact a
qualified installer to make sure the electrical installation
conforms with the National Electrical Code and local codes
Do not connect the dishwasher to the power supply until the
appliance is permanently grounded.
All wiring connections must be enclosed in the junction box.
This unit has copper lead wires.
Joining aluminum building wire to stranded copper wire
should be done by a qualified electrician using materials
recognized by UL and local codes.
Do not use an extension cord. Such use can result in fire,
electrical shock, or other personal injury.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in death or
White Wire to
Black Wire to
Black Wire (Hot)
Box Cover 10
Securing the Dishwasher 9
Use Phillips Head Screws
# XXXXX x 5/8" (included in the
To Remove and Replace Outer Door Operate the machine through at
least one fill and pump-out,
checking the following items:
q At first fill, make sure water completely covers filter surface.
(Motor pump sound may be heard before water enters unit).
q At pump-out, make sure all water is pumped out.
q Check water connections again for leaks.
If all connections are correct, there are no leaks,
and unit runs properly, replace the kickplate
assembly before placing unit into operation.
1. Refer to Step 10, numbers 5 and 6, for replacing outer door.
2. Adjust door springs to balance weight of door. A correct spring
setting allows door to remain horizontal in opened position, yet
will rise to close with slight lift of finger.
3. If necessary, increase tension by moving springs to a hole
toward rear of unit or decrease by moving them toward front.
4. Turn electrical supply on.
7. Check that dishwasher is level from front to back by placing
8. Adjust levelers up or down until dishwasher is level.
Figure 9a Figure 9b
Note: If mounting your dishwasher to the
countertop or to the floor is not a desirable option,
you can order the side mount kit,NNN-NN-NNNN by
contacting your dealer or parts supplier. This allows
you to install the dishwasher by securing it to the
cabinets or partitions on either side of the unit. The
kit utilizes the front frame of the dishwasher to
secure the unit to the cabinet or partitions.
you to remove.
See Figure 16b.
Note: Open and close door to make sure it does not hit
surrounding cabinets or countertop.
Below is the link for your model where I located the installation instructions . I cannot find the kit but I am sure its designed only to mate the cabinet walls up tight with the walls of the dishwasher.
I am fairly sure I saw a top mounted control in the parts manual section. There are 7 sections. The vent fan was located in the parts manual section as well, main dishwasher cabinet number 9.